We have an innovative team ready to solve any unforeseen repair, to get your operation back up and running as quick and cost effective as possible.
Infield repairs minimize crane cost. Our ability to develop innovative solutions for infield repairs, tools and procedures have saved our customers significantly on the cost of repairs
- High speed and intermediate pinion replacement
- High speed and intermediate bearing replacement
- Specialty tooling development with certification
- Generator bearing and slip ring replacement
- Turnkey component replacement
- Other component repair or replacement
Unscheduled events are challenging for any wind project from labor support to complete turnkey services. We have the capabilities to maximize your profitability.
Major Component change out
Sub-component change out and repair
- Yaw drives
- Pitch rams/drives
- Cooling systems
- Oil changes
General Service Assistance
- “Break In” Services
- Preventative maintenance
- Fastener Torque/ Tension
- Operations Assistance (vacation or unexpected absence)
We can help you find engineering solutions for your most difficult drive train problems. It starts with a careful evaluation to determine the most appropriate solution to get your equipment back online as quickly as possible.
- Specialty tooling manufacture and certification to facilitate up tower repairs
- Ratio changes
- Reverse Engineering
- Root cause failure analysis and solutions
Understanding component conditions is vital to properly operating and maintaining your project. Operating equipment diagnostics will allow you to identify areas of concern, trend condition, prevent further damage and plan for future operations and repair.
Our diagnostic methods include:
- Borescope inspection
- Vibration analysis
- Oil analysis both static and dynamic
- Thermal imaging
- Condition monitoring both analysis of existing data and addition of more detail data collection
End of Warranty Inspections
The end of a manufacture warranty could bring a host of concerns for the owners of wind energy assets. End of warranty inspections (EOWI) can be a valuable tool to determine the condition of your equipment. Our team has preformed over 2,000 EOW inspections on various makes and models of turbines. We can focus the inspections to specific requirements or equipment concerns at your request. Services included in our EOW:
- Borescope inspections of rolling elements and drive train components
- General Conditions of all major turbine components
- Oil sampling of drive train and hydraulic systems.
- Vibration analysis of rolling elements and drive train components
- All serial numbers and manufacture data of major components
- Turbine specific serial defect identification
- High res blade pictures